"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Prayer Shawl Ministry.

I want to Thank everyone who sent a prayer shawl with me to Tanzania. I was able to distribute all of them while I was doing my mission work. There were so many beautiful shawls it was hard to decide who to give them too. As we traveled from village to village, the needs jumped out and it was easy to decide. In so many ways, I wish I would have one for each person in Tanzania ~ however I would need alot of people to accomplish this task!!

The needs were great. Illness affects every family!! The lack of medical care in Tanzania is where it all begins. After working in Singida for 2 weeks and experiencing life at the hospital, I know exactly why so many die early in their lives. They don't have the equipment or supplies like we do here in the USA. They lack professional doctors, the lack supplies and the locals don't have money to pay for anything to get themselves better. Its a sad story for most.

I want everyone to know that I was able to deliver all of the prayer shawls. I was unable to capture photo's of everyone receiving one because some asked that I NOT take their photo's. I could respect their wishes and understood in their weakened state, a photo was the last thing they wanted to happen. If your prayer shawl does not show up in my photo's yours was one that was received by someone afflicted by much pain and suffering.

If you know anyone that is interested in this ministry, please let me know. The need is great and the end result helps so many who are afflicted by pain!!!

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for reaching out selflessly to give of your time and talent.

Until next time~

Cheers!!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,
    Thanks so much for posting pictures of the prayer shawls being received.It really helps to form a very strong sense of connection for me. It will make me a lot more motivated to keep knitting. Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete