"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Friday, May 7, 2010

Killer Bees!!

Today's post will be a continuation of my "rice farming" day!!! While I was in Tanzania (Post volcano) I was fortunate to become a rice farmer for the day!! This is a day that was pivotal for me and what I want to do to help my many friends in Tanzania. As we worked EVERY part of the rice field that day, I had the opportunity to help "swap" the rice. I along with several migrant farmers pounded the rice onto a rice bag where it would be gathered by the children who would haul it to the village to "dry" for a week. After I pounded much of the rice, I was walking back to my "video" recording professional (thanks Mike) and as he was interviewing me on the experience, he shouted loud to "GET DOWN GET DOWN" I was laughing and surprised and didn't understand why...but quickly crouched on my knees and put my hands over my head!! He kept telling me to listen and as I did, I heard this loud hum...getting closer and closer. I peaked out of the corner of my eyes and saw this huge black cloud getting closer. The cloud was nearly a few feet above my head then left and went off in the distance. I quickly asked Mike what it was and he said it was a swarm of "Killer Bees" that make there way around these fields and if you don't get down they would have gone right through us!!! WHEW...that is what they call a close call!!!!

Just another day of rice farming...with another new experience to write about!!!

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment