"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Thursday, May 13, 2010

A night to remember!!

I woke up last night to the sound of rain a bit of thunder and a flash of lightening. It brought back the memory of what would have been the night I was to fly back home to the USA. The time of year I was in Tanzania is considered their "winter" or "rainy" season. It is also known by those in the safari or hotel business as the "low" season. More on that later!!

After arriving to JRO airport, the sign was posted at the door that all flights had been grounded. Much to my delight, I began to hug everyone around me, Thanking God for giving me just a few more days or weeks to work on the mission projects. Who would have known that this plan was in place from the very beginning??

So upon arriving back to our home, we were greeting once again by the kind and caring staff of Boniface, Tim-o and George and a host of others that cared so much for me/us while we were there. We were given the "apartment" for the remainder of our stay!! We had a small refrigerator a desk a table and chairs and nice big bed...it was home..away from home!!!

That evening as my two Dada's (sisters) were together, we had just basked in the joy of getting the "one minute more" little did we know it would be "weeks more" but that night it felt good to be able to continue our laughter and laughter we had...well into the night!!

As we were all laying in bed, waiting to fall asleep, trying not to talk as we knew it would just begin another long moment of laughter...the rain began...OH MY did it begin!!! The rain came down so hard, I don't remember in any of my days hearing rain sound so loud. As we talked, we raised our voices more and more and more so we could hear each other!! It went on not just for a minute, not for five...but for over an hour!!! Thunder and lightening began to add to this sound and all three of us sat up and bed and began to wonder if we were to begin to build an Ark??? I know my own fears were beginning to show as we looked outside and started to see puddles filling quicker than they were disappearing!!! It was a strange feeling to be stranded by an Icelandic volcano and the rains about to take us all away!!!

The rain was needed so much in Tanzania. They have suffered severe droughts for so long...I knew that the farmers who tended to their crops were probably smiling and dreaming happy dreams!! I had to say a prayer for this rain and for who the rain helped!! My fears of not knowing how to build that ark weren't quite as happy as most of the people who had been praying for this much needed rain.

I guess I will never hear a rainy night again without thinking of the laughter that went with it in Tanzania. Thanks to my two dearest friends, Karen and Ann...we shared a moment that will never be forgotten.

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment