"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Sunday, February 8, 2009

Jambo.

I have arrived, safe and very very fine!! All of our luggage DID NOT arrive but that is ok, we are learning to live with what we have and that is perfect. Mwika is an unbelievable place, the beauty is more than I ever imagined!! The people are so warm and friendly!! Roland has been our guardian angel and is helping us in every aspect, yet allowing us the opportunity to venture out too. The entire Maanga family has been so wonderful. I believe our families are only a few continents apart. The food has been very good and Neema is a wonderfull cook. We walked all through Mwika and I was made to feel just like a queen would,,,unbelievable. Everyday is a wonderful journey. The sight of Mount Kilimanjaro yesterday brought a tear to my eye...I've only seen this in pictures and now I see it everday. We will go to Moshi tomorrow and hopefully it will see our luggage!! I have all my supplies for the village and children so say a prayer that it gets here.

Until the next time I get to the internet.

Cheers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Woo-hoo! Glad to hear that you are there safe and sound! Just hearing about Mt. Kilimanjaro is exciting! We are looking forward to more posts from Mwika. Be safe and have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank the Lord you have arrived. Give all the children a hug for me! Looking forward to all your blogs.

    Love ya, Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy you arrived safely. You are doing a wonderdul thing.
    Be happy and stay safe. This blog is great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so excited to see these great pictures and to read about you. I hope you luggage is there now. You are in out thoughts and prayers. We love you
    Tom & Mary

    ReplyDelete