"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Lunch and Learn.

In my deepest Thanks, I had all the children from Valley View who participated in the Packathon join me for Pizza lunch yesterday ~ WOW can I just say how much I LEARNED from these young children. I sat with a group of boys (all in 5th grade) that were just bubbling over the top with excitement for the pack we just had at Menomonee Falls High School on Saturday November 6th!! One boy told me: "My Mom and I LOVED being at the pack, we were there last year and again this year and one of the neatest things was I made 2 new friends, we worked in a team and had a blast" This young boy will never know how much that meant to me to hear this. When I think about packathons, I don't want people to feel like they "have to" do this, I want them to come to have fun and learn. It was then another young boy sitting next to me said: "I came with my Mom and sister and we learned so much about this food that our hands were going to help someones belly" yet again I was humbled. The things they were sharing with me were coming from their heart and I knew it.

I learned so much about our young children. I also had the opportunity to just "hang" with them while we ate our pizza. It was also an honor for me to have some time to talk to the teachers and principle of Valley View. What a wonderful school being led by some of the BEST teachers and wonderful principle!!

Keep up the good work Valley View ~

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment