"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Monday, November 22, 2010

Friend of Education Award.

I want to humbly Thank Dr. Keith Marty the superintendent of the school district of Menomonee Falls for honoring me with the Friend of Education award. When I received his letter, I was speechless. I have to admit, before I traveled to Tanzania I had no idea what hunger/starvation truly looked like ~ I did know that I needed to help, but could not do it alone. The saying "it takes a village to help a village" became the focus for me. My focus was not only on serving and helping the people in Tanzania but also helping those of us in America who live in the land of plenty to understand global needs. The food "packathons" were the way to make this happen.

The award that was presented to me this evening is a true testament of the focus of our school district. They are supporting the efforts to help a country that can't help themselves...and along with that, I will teach through photo's, and first hand experience how everyone is helping us conquer the hunger need. By nourishing our three villages in Tanzania we are giving them another day to live, love and feel hope.

I encourage all school districts nationwide to help us "Build a bridge of love between our worlds" We can educate the youngest minds on how simple it is to make a true difference in the lives of millions of people who suffer so great on a daily basis. We look forward to hearing from you...

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment