"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Devastating Times...

We live in very desperate and devastating times. 1 BILLION are hungry ~ millions are trafficked in slavery, and pandemic diseases are gouging entire nations. Each year nearly 2 million children are exploited in the global commercial sex trade. And in the five minutes it took you to read this post almost ninety children died of preventable diseases. More than half of all Africans do not have access to modern health facilities. As a result, 10 million of them die each year from diarrhea, acute respiratory illness, malaria, and measles. Many of those deaths could be prevented by just ONE SHOT!
Yet in the midst of the wreckage, here we stand or sit, comfortable and pretending these things aren't happening. We all have a one of a kind glorious life and a once in history opportunity to reach out and help!
Ours in the wealthiest generation of multi-faceted religions. We are bright, educated and experienced. We can travel around the world in twenty-four hours (if there are no delays) or send a message in a millisecond. We have the most sophisticated research and medicines at the tips of our fingers. We have ample resources. A mere 2 percent of the world's grain harvest would be enough, if shared, to erase the problems of hunger and malnutrition around the world. There is enough food on the planet to offer every person 2500 calories of sustenance a day. WE HAVE enough food to feed the hungry. The problem is NOT in supply; the problem in in the distribution. God has given this generation OUR generation everything we need to alter the course of human suffering.
We can't just snap our fingers and expect the grain to flow across the borders or governments to permit foreign adoptions. Policies stalemate the best of efforts. International relations are strained. Corrupt officials snag the systems ~ I get that...I have seen it AND I am doing something about it.
Traveling several times a year to Tanzania is not easy. I leave my family, my life, the things that mean the most to me but I also know that I can. I have a family who sees that if I don't who else will? I have seen hunger, thirst, poverty, sadness, health issues that I can't even explain and if I walk away and said that I will leave this to someone else to handle would be wrong and surely I would be letting myself along with all those that need our help down as well.
We can build a bridge of love between our worlds ~ let us join hands together and do something...anything...if we start now, we will make a difference and our world will begin to heal...one belly at a time.

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment