"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Saturday, April 11, 2009

Progress...




Thank you for reading my blog. I appreciate your kindness, thoughts and communication. I have had an opportunity to meet a very bright business person who has expressed interest in joining me on my return to Tanzania. He is very interested in helping the people of Mwika develop business skills that will help them to help themselves. We are joining forces to implement some small business opportunities for those that have not had education and that lack skills to do this on their own. This is a very exciting time for all of us.

I wanted to Thank my friends from Maring'a Juu for the material. I promised you before I left that I would make a dress for myself. I promised my friend Ruth Shao that I would make one to match the one she wore I am happy to show them, that my promise was kept and the dress is made and being worn. I have received so many compliments on this dress and I can't wait until all of the teachers see this. I am sending copies of this picture to all the teachers at Maring'a Juu.

The outpouring of help for those in Mwika has been heartwarming. We have a lot of great things in the works for Maring'a Juu. More textbooks, more school supplies and more aids to help the teachers. The teachers of Maring'a Juu Primary School have so many difficulties in just getting to school as most walk 8 or more kilometers one way to arrive to school. Then to teach in conditions that are poor make things even more difficult. They loved my Ecco brand walking shoes that I had on when I was there, in fact they all tried to get them on their feet. We are making a "run" for decent shoes for the teachers. Lots of easy things for us here but difficult for them to obtain on their meager salaries. We are in discussion with the teachers about perhaps getting a small loan to purchase bicycles for themselves then pay back the loan as they can...a way for them to take ownership of their material goods. This is one area I will work on with the 17 teachers when I go back, to teach them about helping themselves and working hard for the things that are important to them.

Until next time ~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment