"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Monday, April 20, 2009

Listening Ears....

I wanted to send a VERY SPECIAL Thank you to Kevin and Maryanne and their 25 confirmands!! I went to share the story of Mwika and Maring'a Juu with this wonderful group. There were 25 students who are getting ready to receive their confirmation and I was IMPRESSED with how wonderful they listened and the great questions they asked. I am happy you enjoyed the African food that I brought to give you a taste of the country. It was a pleasure for me to see their eyes watching the photographs and videos and listening to how God places special calls in each of our hearts. I remember when I was that age, I didn't really know what a "call" was and even if there was a call I would have expected it to come on the old black telephone that was hanging on the kitchen wall. I wish I would have had someone tell me "their own story" so that the seed would have been planted early in my lifetime. I guess one never knows who you touch with your story, but hopefully, I was able to share the struggles of what the people in Mwika deal with on a daily basis and that these wonderful young confirmands are blessed in a great way.

Thank you for letting me join your group, to partner with you and help you understand how God works in even just the simplest of ways!!

PS. For the young man who asked what the poorest country in the world was.....the answer to that is Zimbabwe!!

Until next time ~

Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Wow Pam,

    You are doing great works in getting the story out. I would like to hear from those kids you spoke to and get their impressions of your trip.

    Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam,

    I loved seeing you dishing out the food in your video and your mixing stuff in the smokey cooking area. You are a true blessing to those children and teachers. Keep up the good work.

    Ann

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, you can put the video on the blog, please do so we can all see what was done.

    ReplyDelete