"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Monday, June 27, 2011

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

Finally! My first children's book is published! I am humbled by the experience. I never even thought about writing a children's book - but to my amazement here it is. I truly want to Thank God and my family for supporting my efforts in this book... God had this amazing plan all along, and it was very real as each step went seamlessly easy. Not having any knowledge on how to write a book is one thing but then to take to being fully published still amazes me.

I am so blessed with the illustrations for this book too! My dear friend Ann Solomon introduced me to "Sheggy" and here is another very wonderful story that only God could facilitate. As I was learning about traditional publishers the same story kept coming back to me: "We will take your story but WE WILL find the illustrator" and I kept saying, NO, nobody knows this story better than Sheggy who has lived this story. My friend Ann read him my story and he immediately began to cry...he said this story was the story of his personal life. Sheggy was orphaned at a young age and was left with no parents or siblings from age 11! Imagine that? He began to draw to take the pain out of his heart and God gifted him with this talent that only can be explained as a gift from God. He has had no formal education and has never had an Art class. I am beyond blessed with his illustrations for this book.

This book is a wonderful tool for parents, grandparents, Aunts, Uncles, churches, schools, vacation bible school, community learning centers, libraries and children to read. They will get to know another way that most of the world lives and how difficult it is for them.

I have been blessed to travel to Tanzania 5 times since my first trip. I will be returning again in September. I continue to learn about how children/orphans/street children live and my heart continues to reach out to help them as much as I can.

If you choose to purchase this book, I will tell you that a portion of the proceeds will go to help "Sheggy" our illustrator so he can continue to lift up his dream of becoming an artist / musician and it will go toward helping with our many wonderful projects of Simple Hope.

Please consider purchasing a book at: www.authorhouse.com OR if you live in the Milwaukee Wisconsin area, contact me at: simplehope1@gmail.com and I can arrange to get you a copy.

This book is a wonderful teaching moment for you. Please help me to help others.

Blessings and peace ~

No comments:

Post a Comment