"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Eyeglasses and Diabetic supplies!!!

In my ongoing effort to help my friends in Tanzania see just a little more clear, I put out my call to find used or new eyeglasses. I just received word yesterday that my friends Dr's Holly, Paul and Lisa have collected over 1000 pair of glasses along with my friends Bob and others from another wonderful organization who have collected over 600!!! WHAT an incredible impact this will have to help those in Tanzania.

When the idea first came to my mind months before my first trip there, I thought, if I would be able to take one pair with me....that would be happiness for one person who would not be able to see. I collected more than 60 pair for my first "eye clinic" then I saw the need with my own eyes...more than a hundred showed up and there were more that didn't even bother to come because they knew there weren't enough!! A generous contributor donated over 110 pair of reading glasses which found there way to Tanzania.

I am so excited about the donations that have been collected. These will travel to a village who has not had the opportunity to have eyeglasses brought to them!!

I also want to Thank Cheryl for your donation of diabetic medical supplies. This is a huge need and demand in a country who lacks any amount of medical care. The supplies have left the USA and will find there way to the medical team in March!

I am once again reminded at the kindness of others!! Thank you everyone for all you do.

Until next time~

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment