"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Wednesday, September 16, 2009

The Journey Continues!!

One of the evenings I was in Mwika I had dinner with a single mother and her two sons. One of her sons was very shy but wanted to learn about me and where I lived and all about the USA. As I spoke to his mother her name Soshe, she explained that her son who was 14 had been through 8 eye surgeries in his lifetime ~ all of which had not been successful.
She handed me his broken eyeglasses, and said these were all that her son had to even see just a little in school. As I held them in my hand, I noticed the arms of the glasses were held together with barbed wire and the lenses had triple bi-foculs. I knew by looking at them, there was no hope. God placed a call within my heart. I brought them back and met a kind eye surgeon who built this young man a new sturdy pair of glasses!! I sent them and "Gift" now has the glasses he needed to see. I have received correspondence from his Mother who has told me that her son is doing very well in school again and is enjoying being able to see!!

I will end with one of my favorite quotes: "To the world you may be one person, but to one person you may be the world" author unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment