"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"

"The Happiest Day for Simeon and Sula"
Children's Book

Simeon and Sula Dolls

Simeon and Sula Dolls
Purchase and help those who suffer

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls

Hajiba (middle) widow who made dolls
Supporting the widows in Kenya

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda

Simple Hope East Africa Director Charles Mpanda
Dedication of SHEA Food! Thank you Country Director Charles Mpanda for your help!

Building a bridge of love between our worlds

Building a bridge of love between our worlds
Hand in hand we help each other!

Matonyak Orphanage

Matonyak Orphanage
Sharing Love with an orphan

Friday, May 15, 2009

Kids in the USA learning...

Today I had the pleasure of sharing my trip to Tanzania with a class of 3rd Grade students from Valley View. WHAT FUN!!! I decided to make it a "hands on" learning experience for the kids!! They got to try on all the Khanga wraps the school uniforms, the shoes and the accessories...boys and girls tried it all on. We had some great laughs and it was so wonderful to see everyone give it a try ~ Even the Principle and the 3rd grade teacher tried them on!!

I brought video and photo's for the children to see with their very own eyes what it is like to live in Tanzania. They even got to sample some of the food that I ate. I boiled plantains, cut up fresh mango and banana's and made rice pilau. The kids thought the rice was a bit "spicy" but some actually liked it.

At the end of my presentation, Mrs Meyer had the children say one thing they were "thankful for" and these were there responses: toilet paper, toilets that flush, electricity, computers, game boys, clean water, houses, food, books and clothes.

They were an awesome class and their responsiveness to learning about this third world country was enlightening to me. It continues to amaze me that there are some great hearts in this world and these children showed me that they really do care about others and those especially at Maring'a Juu Primary School.

Asante sana Valley View and Mrs Meyers 3rd grade class ~ it was a real pleasure for me to be with you!!

Until next time ~

Cheers!!

No comments:

Post a Comment